We Have High Expectations. So Should You.
We Strive For Excellence
Metova only hires those who share our core values. We want self-motivated, disciplined people who do what needs to be done instead of waiting to be told what to do. Your manager exists to give you what you need, not to micromanage or make decisions for you. If you are not responsible enough to take care of your own work, you will not work here.
You Deserve An Excellent Team
People describe you as intense, and you take that as a compliment. You require excellence. You expect your co-workers to make wise decisions, to be curious, to be courageous. You seek what is best for your team, whether that means discarding your ideas when presented with better ones, or abandoning your own work to sit next to a team member for an hour because you know she’d do the same for you. You are candid, and you listen well. You have great ideas and you drive them to implementation.
We Make Interesting Things
Every Metovian is encouraged to find their own purpose and to incorporate it into their work life. If your work is fulfilling, you will make your work the best that it can be. Here are some of the ways that working with us can give you an immense sense of purpose:
- Help deaf and non-verbal children communicate through assistive technology
- Build software and hardware prototypes to prove bleeding-edge ideas
- Give life to startups that were nothing more than a good idea before you came along
- Teach others how to think creatively about new problems
- Be challenged in your notions of what can and can’t be done
- Build open source libraries to help other developers solve problems
We Are Innovators
You could work for Big Corp and work on one thing forever. Or you can work with us and find neat problems to solve all the time. Here are some of the cool things we’ve worked on:
- Unlocking doors with our phones
- Devising new security exploits for mobile devices
- Syncing media playback across multiple mobile devices
- Customizing the Android OS to run on custom hardware
- Designing scalable systems on AWS using the latest and greatest tech