Whether you’re traveling, cooking up some good food or glued to the TV watching your favorite football team, we have 10 iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone apps that you’ll be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
1. GateGuru (iOS & Android). The GateGuru app transforms the day-of-flight travel experience, allowing you to view your itineraries, airport security wait times and a list of airport food, shops and services. Covering more than 125 US airports, this app will surely ease your stress and anxiety during the busiest travel day of the year. The free app can be downloaded for iOS and Android.
2. Roadtrippers (iOS & Android). If you’re taking a long car ride this Thanksgiving, the Roadtrippers app will be a valuable tool to find rest stops, restaurants and offbeat attractions. Download the free app on iOS or Android.
3. BlackBerry Travel (BlackBerry). The BlackBerry Travel app makes it easy to plan, book, manage and share your travel activities, making this the perfect app if you’re traveling with a BlackBerry this Thanksgiving. The biggest perk of this app is the real-time flight update notifications. Download the free app here.
4. CHOW Thanksgiving Dinner Coach (iOS). This app is essential for the first-time Thanksgiving dinner planner. It walks you through preparations, giving you step-by-step directions and a clear timeline that takes you right up to dinnertime. Download the free app here.
5. BigOven (iOS, Android & Windows Phone). With more than 250,000+ recipes, a menu planner and grocery list, the BigOven app will make Thanksgiving dinner a breeze. The coolest feature of this app is that you can enter three ingredients you have at the house and it will tell you what you can make. Download the free app for iOS, Android and Windows Phone.
6. Thanksgiving Recipes (BlackBerry). Thanksgiving centers on the dinner table. This app is a great resource to arrange a delicious dinner, offering more than 250 tested recipes. From glazed ham to apple cranberry pie, this app will help you make this year extra special. Download the app for free here.
7. ESPN SportsCenter (iOS & Android). Don’t miss a kickoff or play during the chaos of Thanksgiving. With the ESPN SportsCenter app, you get instant scores and updates for your favorite teams. The free app can be downloaded for iOS and Android.
8. Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade 2013 (iOS & Android). Experience the magic of the 87th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade with this app. Stay up to date with the latest parade news and get up close and personal with the virtual street view. You can even create your very own parade balloon.
9. Black Friday App (Android). Everyone knows Black Friday is a great day to snag amazing deals. This app makes navigating Black Friday even easier, allowing you to browse “leaked” and “confirmed” ads from dozens of major retailers. Both PC World and PC Magazine named it “Best Black Friday Website.”
10. ShopSavvy (iOS, Android, Windows Phone). Great for both your Thanksgiving dinner grocery shopping and Black Friday deal hunting, the ShopSavvy app allows you to use your phone’s camera to read product barcodes and compare prices with other nearby stores. Download the free app for iOS, Android and Windows Phone.