Survey Finds One-Half of Consumers Connect to the Internet In Their Car
Survey Commissioned by Metova Reveals High Consumer Adoption of Connected Vehicles, Favorable Sentiment on Car Technology, Lack of Allegiance to Entertainment Services and More
FRANKLIN, Tenn., and FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. June 28, 2018 – Metova, a world leading provider of mobile, connected car, connected home and IoT Solutions, today announced the results of a survey revealing the sentiment of consumers* regarding “the connected car.” Of note, over half of respondents own a car that connects to the internet – either direct or via phone, while two-thirds would switch to a different entertainment service if that service is readily available in their new vehicle.
Other key findings include:
- Over half of respondents have a vehicle that connects to Internet via phone or direct connection with nearly one-third total having a car that connects to the Internet via direct connection
- More than half of respondents have a 2014 or newer vehicle
- 80% are happy with the technology currently available in their car
- 2 out of 3 respondents would switch from their current entertainment service provider of choice to one that was included with their vehicle
- Streaming music services are gaining on FM Radio with 33% of consumers preferring streaming versus 37% that still choose FM Radio – primarily for convenience over content
- 88% of consumers value new technology in their vehicles
- 1 out of 5 new car shoppers would walk away from a potential new purchase that featured everything they wanted in a car (price, brand, design, power, MPG, etc.) if it didn’t have the latest connected technology included
“This information from consumers demonstrates we have reached a tipping point on adoption and expectation for technology in the car,” said Josh Smith, CEO at Metova. “At Metova, we work with our partners throughout the world to understand their vision for connected car and home solutions to provide a complete technological path along with ongoing support to surpass their goal.”
For an infographic with more detail on the survey findings please visit: https://Metova.com/infographic-the-connected-car/
Metova Inc provides a full range of services from strategy to implementation designed to enable businesses to lead their market and increase customer loyalty by leveraging emerging mobile, web, connected home, connected car and other technologies.
As a key development and strategic partner for leading automobile manufacturers and entertainment service providers, Metova not only continuously builds on their technical expertise, but also strives to understand consumer outlook and trends. This pipeline of information combined with world-leading development and technology skills enables Metova to provide unparalleled strategic advising combined with end-to-end execution. For detail regarding a recent survey commissioned by Metova on the connected home, please visit: https://metova2018.wpengine.com/infographic-the-connected-home/
To read a Q&A with Andrew Cowart regarding the connected car please visit: https://metova2018.wpengine.com/the-connected-car-a-qa-with-metova-cto-andrew-cowart/