Platform: Control4® system
“Yale Real Living locks are Yale’s newest digital option for the home,” said Ben Coulston, lead developer for Metova. “These intelligent digital locks can be integrated into home automation or home security platforms. Yale partnered with Control4 in 2010 by developing a user-friendly app to allow the homeowner to directly access and control many of the lock’s unique features as part of a Control4 automation system. This year we helped increase the app’s performance dramatically. We also implemented a new user management system, updated settings management, provided support for the new Control4 operating system updates and fixed various bugs. The outcome is a top-of-the-line home automation lock app. ”
The Control4 system allows the user to create personalized Yale Real Living locking events or scenes triggered by the push of a button from anywhere in the home or remotely via the Internet.
With the Yale Real Living Control4 app, users can:
- Quickly view the status of your locks.
- Lock and unlock doors with one touch.
- Take complete control of all users at each door.
- Assign customized names with adjustable access times and days for each user.
- Add pin codes and set schedules to multiple locks.
- Receive text or email messages to your cell phone from pre-programmed alerts.
- Customize features such as privacy, language, one-touch locking, inside LED light and relock time.
- Confirm the status and remaining battery life of your locks.
- View transaction history in real-time.
“Control4 is a premier integration platform for today’s digital home,” explained Kevin Kraus, director of product management for Yale’s Residential Electronic Access Control. “Yale Real Living intelligent locks represent just the beginning of our company’s foray into the digital home market. We will continue to develop and introduce locks that use the industry’s best digital technology.”